If you’ve been previously unsuccessful with a low-calorie diet, it’s time to change your approach and try Atkins diet because it might not be the calories, but, sugar present in your high carbohydrate diet that is responsible for your weight troubles. Among the 38 Best Fast Weight-Loss Diets that were evaluated by a panel of health experts, the Atkins diet was ranked 3rd.
Let’s just explore that what is Atkins Diet all about and how it is beneficial for your weight loss plan to make you look adorable and classy:
Atkins Diet is a low carbohydrate diet proposed by Dr. Robert Atkins which works as a catalyst to reduce weight. A lot of theories and books have suggested that Atkins Diet is one of the most fruitful as well as health improvement diet that will take you to a good weight control plan. It contains the high amount of saturated fats which as per the latest research have been found to be harmless and good for health in most of the cases.
In this diet what happens is that owing to the low carbohydrates in the diet, you are limiting the diet in such a way that it will help you to substitute the body fat for your requirement which will automatically help you to reduce the extra amount of fat.
What is the proper working of Atkins Diet?
Though in the recent past there were a lot of controversies as well as debates regarding the Atkins Diet, it was found out that the basic principle of the working of the Atkins Diet is that it relies upon four different phases that help you to understand that how it can facilitate your weight loss.
The working of the diet is such that at the initial level you will start with a specific amount of consumption of carbohydrate. After that, a steady growth in the intake of the carbohydrates should be there to balance out the entire diet plan. But it doesn’t mean that you will cut out on the sugar or the potatoes but will only have to limit the quantity so that the results can be calculated in a proper manner.
- Four Phases of Atkins Diet
- Induction (Phase 1)- At the on start you have to limit your daily diet under the 20 gms of carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are basically taken from the green leafy vegetables and salads which are low in carbs but rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and other nutrients barring with those foods that contain high carbohydrates within them.
- Balancing the Diet (Phase 2)- For about 15 days you need to add a little amount of more quantity of carbohydrates in your diet before you will start the limitation process. For e.g. for the first week take 20 gms daily and next week try to take 30 gms daily after which try to reduce at least 5 gms from your diet on a daily basis to maintain your weight loss in a proper manner.
- Pre Maintenance of the Desired Weight (Phase 3)- Just before the perfect weight is about to be achieved you need to increase the carbohydrates within your diet for at least 10 gms per day so that the proper balance of the intake is maintained.
- Lifetime Maintenance (Phase 4)- The last phase is all about the maintenance of the carbohydrates diet for the whole life so that you can properly manage your weight to get it bulge.
Though it is the standardized phases in the Atkins Diet yet people sometimes eliminate the Induction phase with the implementation of a lot of fruits as well as fresh vegetables so that the weight can be maintained in a proper manner.
Foods To Avoid
- Sugar– Avoid taking the sweetened cold drinks as well as juices since they enhance in the weight gain.
- Starch- Avoid Potatoes, sweet potatoes as well as lentils.
- Vegetable Oils- Hydrogenated oils like canola, soybean as well as corn oil should be avoided to use while you are planning for a good Atkins diet.
- High Carbohydrate Vegetables- Carrots and turnips are considered to have a high source of carbohydrate content which should be avoided.
Foods To Include
1. Nuts– Almonds, Cashews, raisins, that will also help you to increase your energy as well as metabolism to reduce the weight in a much faster manner.
2. Sea Food– Fishes contain the omega-rich nutrients that are not only low in carbohydrates but also are a good source of energy that will automatically enhance your weight loss without much of trouble.
3. Low Carbohydrate Vegetables– As the Atkins diet is all about the low amount of carbohydrates, therefore, it should be made sure that the green leafy vegetables low in carbs, are a part of the diet to get fruitful results.
4. Dairy Products– Skimmed Milk, cottage cheese and low carbohydrate butter can be included in the diet
Essential Drinks for the Diet
- Water- One of the basic and an essential drink that has to be a part of your diet is water. At least 8-10 glass of water should be consumed in a most effective manner and at short intervals so that the body is not dehydrated.
- Green Tea- Another important drink which is full of antioxidants is the green tea as it too plays an important part in the weight loss plan.
Suggested Menu for Atkins Diet
- Breakfast: Boiled Eggs and bacon, Fresh Fruits and Vegetable salads, coffee, tea, water, diet soda and herbal tea.
- Lunch- A cup of boiled lentils, omelets, shrimp salad, chicken salad, bacon, and avocado dressing.
- Dinner- Meat pops, Grilled chicken, salsa salads, vegetable soups, asparagus, salmon with butter as well as vegetables.